Northcote College International Department Travel Policy
New Zealand is a wonderful country and we hope that you are able to take advantage of opportunities to see as much as possible while you are here in New Zealand. The school takes its responsibility for students seriously so we have travel guidelines. All independent travel must be approved by the school.
- Students should not be applying for leave for personal travel during school time, unless there is compelling reason to do so. This could include the visit of parents, an event organized through agents or where they are doing so as part of the activities of a host family, or accompanying an approved school trip.
- Under the provisions of the “Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students” the school has an obligation to ensure that leave is only granted where it can be assured that the student will be supervised by approved adults and will be living in accommodation that meets the appropriate standard.
- All leave must be applied for at least two weeks in advance, and must include signed permission from parents/caregivers and a completed request to travel form.
- Leave will not be granted where the agent of a student who is acting as a guardian denies permission.
- All travel must be through an approved organization or with a homestay family.