Enrolment Application Process
Applications for 2023 enrolment (in-zone and out of zone) open on 25 July 2022.
Applications for 2022 In Zone enrolments are welcome.
How to enrol
All enrolment applications are made online. You can complete the online enrolment form at: Enrolment Form
In compliance with the requirements of the Education Act 1989, all enrolling students must submit
- proof of identity (such as a birth certificate or passport),
- proof of residence (applicable only to In Zone students)
- and proof of eligibility to study in New Zealand(such as a Citizenship Certificate, Residency Permit or Domestic Student Visa - applicable only to students who were not born in New Zealand or Australia).
Applications without these required documents will not be accepted.
Once we have received your online application, you will receive an email notification from us advising you of the next steps.
If you experience any problems in submitting your application form, please email email@example.com
Northcote College operates an Enrolment Scheme, which means that it has a 'home' zone or a geographical area surrounding the school that guarantees families living within that zone automatic entry.
More detailed information about the zoning enrolment scheme can be found here: Zone Information
Out of Zone Enrolment Applications
Each year the Board of Trustees will determine the number of places available for students who live outside of the 'home' zone.
Out of Zone applications will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students
- Second priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students
- Third priority will be given to applicants who are children of former students
- Fourth priority will be given to applicants who are children of Board employees
- Fifth priority will be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within that priority group will be made by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989.
As of 1 December 2021 there are no remaining places available for Out of Zone students in 2022.
Applications for 2023 Out of Zone enrolment open on 25 July 2022 and close on Wednesday 7 September 2022.
Offers of Place
We ask that all students who have been offered a place at Northcote College for 2022 accept or decline their place as soon as possible.
Te Whānau o Te Kākano
Te Whānau o Te Kākano is a form class for the Year 9-13 based on the principles of tuakana teina. It provides a Māori pathway for students and their whānau in Northcote College to draw from the strength of their identity to achieve their academic potential. All students enrolled in Northcote College are welcome to apply to be a member of Te Whānau o Te Kākano regardless of ethnicity.
Further information and the Whānau Class Application Form can be found at: Te Whānau o Te Kākano