Learning Support Centre (LSC)
Northcote College is fortunate to have 2 classrooms set up to support students with specific learning needs. The LSC has 3 teachers and 5 student support workers and aims to provide support for students in a variety of ways including:
- Specialised learning programmes to support students with their individual learning needs.
- Development of numeracy, literacy, comprehension, writing and reading skills.
- Support for students with mainstream classes.
- Co-ordination of student support workers to assist students where appropriate.
- Information gathering and communication with staff about student needs.
- Organisation of Special Olympic activities /events.
- Organisation of support for ORS funded students.
- Coordinate links to appropriate external services e.g. RTLB support (Resource Teachers for Learning and Behaviour).
- Transition planning with senior students, working alongside an accredited provider.
- Basic Life Skills programmes.
- A welcoming friendly base at break and lunchtimes.
If you have any queries please contact Head of Supported Learning: Leanne Kimpton.