Year 13 NCEA Physical Education
We start the year creating and evaluating different safety management strategies that can be applied to the Year 13 Camp. Along with the practical lessons, there is a steady and demanding amount of theory and written assignment work. This includes analysing New Zealand sporting issues, creating their own training programme for athletic activities and evaluating the effectiveness of a Performance Improvement Programme to help with their technique.
Student learning outcomes (Achievement Standards)
- Analyse a physical skill performed by self or others
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a performance improvement programme
- Demonstrate quality performance of a physical activity in an applied setting
- Examine a current physical activity event, trend or issue and its impact on New Zealand society
- Devise strategies for a physical activity outcome