Apply to Study

Apply to Study

Northcote College values the achievements of its students. To study at Northcote College, international students need to show a positive attitude to their studies and a willingness to achieve to their potential.

  • Applications can be made at any time of the year.
  • Apply online here  or download the enrolment form, complete it and send it back to us by email to: 
  • ALL sections must be completed. If any questions are not answered the form will be returned to you for completion.
  • The application forms must be signed by a parent or court-appointed legal guardian.  Other relatives or agents are not acceptable.
  • We strongly advise the parent/legal guardian to seek the help of a local Education Consultant or Agent for help in completing the applications and for translations/explanations of the legal contract which is being entered into with us.
  • Enclose with your application your latest school report, public examination results or forecast marks etc., and a letter explaining why you wish to study in New Zealand.
  • Students may apply at any time for entry into Northcote College.
  • Senior students (Year 11—13) finish formal classes in early November to go on study leave for national NCEA examinations. These exams usually finish early in December.
  • Short-term international students do not usually sit these examinations so will be able to take part in a special English/activity programme in November.

Visas and Immigration

Northcote College is a trusted industry partner of Immigration New Zealand. This means we have Online Visa Processing status and can process Student Visas at school in the International Office. We can also help students to apply for Work Rights.

Student Visas can now be applied for online through Immigration New Zealand.

Student Visas

Students studying for longer than three months are required to obtain a Student Visa by applying to Immigration New Zealand. 
Students studying for three months or less will need to check the NZ Immigration website to check if they require an ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) before they travel to New Zealand.
To get a Student Visa, students need an Offer of Place from the school as well as other evidence to demonstrate they are a bona fide student in good health and have enough funds to support themselves while in New Zealand as required by NZ Immigration. This may include:

  • Medical certificates
  • School reports
  • Bank statements showing enough money for living expenses
  • Copy of passport showing it is valid for at least three months past the end of your intended stay in New Zealand
  • Travel tickets or money to purchase tickets

Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights of employment in New Zealand while studying and reporting requirements are available on the Immigration New Zealand website.

Visa Requirements

  • Students must meet certain conditions during their stay in New Zealand otherwise their student visa may be cancelled.
  • Students must attend the place of study noted in their visa or apply to Immigration NZ to change institutions
  • Students must show they are passing their course of study
  • Students must obey New Zealand laws
  • Students must only stay in New Zealand for the time allowed by their permit
  • Students must not drive in New Zealand
  • Students may only undertake work allowed by the student visa.

International Student Fees